The BIOMEDIAG workshop aims at bringing together experimentalists and theoreticians with interest in biological and medical applications of TXRF technique.
Topics covered by the workshop are following:
- Typical biological and medical samples analyzed by TXRF: aim of the studies, technical details of the measurements.
- Application of TXRF in laboratory diagnostics of human biological material samples.
- Standards/reference materials (biological and medical).
- Available in the literature and new procedures for the preparation of selected biological and medical samples for the TXRF analysis.
- TXRF instrumentation and laboratory equipment useful in the context of biomedical analysis.
- Comparisons of the results of TXRF measurements of the biological and medical samples with the results obtained using other independent techniques.
- Further research direction (e.g. Development and verification of easy to implementation procedures allowing routine measurements with low detection limits for metals, metalloids and non-metals).
- Promotion of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”.
The program of the conference will consist of:
- Lectures (30')
- Selected Topics (15')
- Posters (pdf)
The detailed program is currently under preparation.